The actor is up for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series, Drama.
Diego Luna has been honored with a Golden Globe nomination for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series, Drama, for Andor , it was announced today. Luna stars as the title character, rebel Cassian Andor , in the Disney+ series, reprising his Rogue One: A Star Wars Story role. He also serves as executive producer.
“This character represents a lot. It’s important that we see ourselves on the screen, that we feel represented, that the stories we tell reflect the world that’s out there,” Luna told StarWars.com earlier this year . “This role has been one of the most special journeys as an actor.”
Andor , a spy thriller set five years before the events of Rogue One , follows Luna’s Cassian as he becomes involved in the burgeoning rebellion against the Empire. All 12 episodes from Season 1 are now streaming, and Season 2 is currently in production. For more on Andor , check out StarWars.com’s in-depth coverage:
- Diego Luna discusses returning to the role of Cassian Andor
- Series creator Tony Gilroy breaks down Season 1
- Genevieve O'Reilly speaks about the legacy of Mon Mothma
Nicholas Britell on creating the music for
- Ben Bailey Smith chats about joining the Empire as Supervisor Blevin
- Fiona Shaw discusses playing Maarva , Cassian's mother
- Costume designer Michael Wilkinson talks the unique looks of the series
- Discover 10 Easter eggs from Luthen’s gallery
The 80th Golden Globe Awards will be held on Tuesday, January 10, 2023, at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT from The Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California, and broadcast live on NBC and Peacock.